Hello junyi,

Well done, you list your own examples to further interpret the concept of universal design. Also, I agree on your point that instructors need to know what the needs of students are before they are about to deal with these needs. Ideally, like you mention, there are a variety of approaches to present materials. But, neutrally speaking, given the truth that regardless of educational level, the time of one semester or even one lecture is relatively short. Thus, even experienced instructors may not fully apply these approaches. In addition, some lectures are themselves hard and technical. Not all lectures, especially those from natural science courses, are compatible with these alternative approaches. Anyway, there is a trade-off and balance between presenting methods and the goal to deliver knowledge successfully.

Hello Haoran,

You did an amazing job in depicting numerous aspects of inclusive design and sharing your understanding towards this concept. I agree on your analysis for inclusive design and its relation with personalized learning and unexpected events. In particular, I appreciate your point where we may employ online platform to assist those students in need. In my own post, I also similarly mentioned that read-time supports and guidance is one feature that our group project helps the needs from all students.